This squash dish combines seasonal produce (peppers, squash and corn) to help keep your meal on a budget! Top with crumbled feta or avocado!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 1 cup low sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup corn, rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno (or favorite chile pepper of choice), chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Roast the spaghetti squash at 400 ̊ F for 40 minutes until tender. With a fork, comb out the squash.
- For the filling, sauté onion, jalapeno, and red peppers together for 2‐3 minutes. Add in black beans, corn, and spices and sauté for an additional 1 minute. Add in cooked squash, cilantro, and lime juice and cook for 1 minute.
- Fill squash halves with filling and serve.
Nutrition Facts (serving size 1.5 cups or 287g): Calories 125, Calories from Fat 11, Total Fat 1.2g, Saturated Fat 0.2g, Cholesterol 0.0mg, Sodium 225.7mg Total Carbohydrate 30.4g, Dietary Fiber 6.5g, Sugars 6.7g, Protein 5.8g